Monday 1 May 2017

~ Live briefs ~

This year has been the first where i've taken on lots of live competition and client briefs. It's been a massive learning curve for me, working with clients, meeting them to discuss options, keeping a constant discussion with them via email/phone and getting feedback on work from them. A lot of which I realise is compromise especially when me and the client have different visions about a brief.



The first live brief I did this year was for a personal trainer looking to start up his own business/brand identity. This is an example of me having to learn to compromise and produce work that I don't necessarily like all that much. The logo on the top left is my chosen final design which I felt was really effective and was perfect for him; but he chose to use the other 3 and he did want 3 rather than 1 which isn't something that I really agree with as I feel is confuses the brand a lot. - But I had to keep him happy as this was his brand and he was really happy with the final outcome. 


The next live brief is one that I will continue to work on (paid) even after graduation as its an ongoing brand that will need updating according to new stock and campaigns for promotion. Chaice Blvd. is a children's clothing brand based on skate street wear. 

Meeting Renee the manager was amazing as she had a really similar vision as me in terms of style and direction. She said she chose me out of all the applicants because my portfolio really stood out among others and she liked that I could animate; this gave me lots of confidence about my work. This has been a really positive experiance for me and I feel working with more people who have a similar vision as me will be a focus in the future, hopefully I can afford to be fussy with the briefs I choose to accept to take on.



The next live client brief i've done this year is the branding for Zoo in Hull. This meant a lot to me as its a place I've been going my entire life and really is a social hub within my community at home. The client loved my designs and let me have a really free reign over the design. I got the amazing opportunity to hand paint the sign and the logo is going to be featured on their own brand of coffee. It's going to be so amazing to be able to go into the cafe and see my designs in context of a real cafe. 


Another live brief i've done this year was for the competition Starpack. It's my first time doing packaging so it was a huge learning curve for me as I actually really enjoyed it. It's added a new skill to my set and hopefully I will win a prize!


Another live brief I took part in was the branding for an exhibition called Frameworks - to raise money for Leeds Womens Aid/refuge. It was a cause I was really happy and proud to back and have my name on and amazing to see my work on posters around Leeds.


Another live brief I have the pleasure of doing this year is the branding for the fine art end of year show Once More With Feeling. Its going to be amazing to see my posters all around leeds and the university and make my mark on the show not just in the sense of my own exhibited work.


Another live brief I did was the branding for Apartment One - it was awesome to influence a company that will really use my work and go on to change their branding around the design I created for them.


Other live briefs I have taken part in this year include 

- Nest 11 & 12
- EOYS branding
- Creative networks
- Jessy Lanza
- Up Yer Sleeve




No comments:

Post a Comment