Monday 1 May 2017

~ DBA - feedback ~

We presented our final concept/outcome to the guys from DBA. Overall I feel the experience went brilliantly! I took the reins during the presentation as I felt really confident about doing so because I was really proud of our outcome. It was a great opportunity of experiencing how it'll be pitching to clients in the future and I know now even if I was presenting on my own I could do so calmly with clarity. 

They really loved our product and all of them said the concept was like nothing else they had seen and they would actually personally buy into both the underlying idea and the product if it became a real thing. They loved how well considered everything was and how tightly informed each design decision had been by our concept. They thought it was intelligence that our decision to have the target audience as 'literally everyone' was smart.

One small bit of negative feedback we got was that the labels on the packaging didn't really fit very well and a sticker or no specific label at all could of been more successful! This kind of annoyed me as during the process this was the part I was personally un-happy with. If anything its given me the drive to push my opinions and ideas within a group even more. 

They said it was really clear that we were bold and brave but felt like we had to conform to what we thought design 'rules' we should be following (such as having a clear label on each box). But that we should ignore the rules and just be BRAVE because thats the kind of thing that makes a designer stand out and be memorable. Overall I found that comment really inspiring and it changed the way I approached briefs that i've done since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment