Monday 1 May 2017

~ Exhibitions this year ~


As part of PPP I created an introductory illustration. It says Hello and I wanted to use this throughout my collateral to introduce myself to potential studios and clients. I screen printed it so I could send it off as an example of my work and take it as a gift in interviews. 


I decided then to submit one of my screen prints for the Ferens Art Gallery Hull, Open Exhibition 2017. I was successful in getting into the exhibition which was brilliant.


It was a really great opportunity and the lady who purchased my print later contacted me after finding my website online and bought two more to hang in a row. It gave me real confidence in my work and made me see that selling prints in the future could be a great opportunity for extra income. 


The second exhibition i've taken part in this year was for the Nest issue 11 launch. It was displayed at Colours May Vary and was a brilliant opportunity for me to network with the owners and to discuss having an exhibition curated by me in their space in the future. 


The third was for Jessy Lanza at Leeds Print Festival - exhibited at Leeds college of music. I made a four color screen print specifically for the event. It was brilliant because I know loads of designers and people interested in the industry and print will of seen my work. I was also told that the artist Jessy really liked my print.

The fourth thing ive featured in is a zine called Gurrl Furr; the launch night is at Islington Mill in Salford and work will be exhibited as part of this. Its a brilliant way to network within the Manchester area where I plan to move in the future for work.


No comments:

Post a Comment