Saturday 29 April 2017

~ Zine features ~

As soon as I set up my new Instagram account and Website I published images of the project I did for COP in level 5 - Va-January. 


I was then shown interest due to the web presence of this project by another graphic design student - studying in Manchester. She was starting a project called Gurrl Furr and wanted to use my illustrative images I produced within her zine.

The projects aim is to remove the stigma around female body hair - a very similar aim to my own va-january project. Doing work for campaigns that have real social impact and the potential to change opinion is what I am personally really passionate about this was brilliant to be a part of.

I was really happy to be given this opportunity and glad that clearly my online presence was making an impact on people. 



Allowing to be featured has resulted in online promotion via Instagram and the Gurll Furr website which is always good press. The zine itself will be launched at Islington Mill in Salford on the 3rd of May. This will be a great opportunity to network with the guys at the mill and other creatives in Manchester. 







Being featured in the Gurll Furr project and my work being shared via Instagram lead to me being contacted by another student wanting to collaborate. 

Once again the project is campaign based but this time for removing the stigma around young black men - something I am really keen on doing work towards. I really look forward to producing work for this as I love collaborating with other creative who want to help change things socially/politically. 



No comments:

Post a Comment