Wednesday 26 April 2017

~ Contacting studios ~

I contacted a lot of studios this year looking for internship placements but a lot didn't get back or said they were too busy or didn't take on interns. This is my email that I sent in bulk to all of the studios in order to ask about their internship schemes to learn more. 

Hi there, 


​​
I am a graphic design student (3rd year Leeds college of Art). I am currently looking at internships to expand my understanding and experience with live briefs and the studio environment. 

Your studio has definitely caught my eye; so just dropping in to say hello . I wondered if you offered an internship scheme and how I would apply to work as part of your team? 

Thanks Izzie


I kept things really simple as I wanted the initial contact to be really short and sweet so that if they do provide an internship scheme they could simply get back to me letting me know how to go about applying.

I used my Hello gif as a way of engaging with them further, making the email more memorable and showing my animation skills. And my animated logo at the end to show professionalism and consideration into myself as a brand. 

This is a list of some of the studios I emailed but didn't end in a conversation unfortunately. 

Ow' do
Rabbit Hole
Become Uk
Beatstream
Truth design
Octopus Ink creative 
Etc.

All in all I sent around 150 of these introductory emails and heard back from a lot of them but many were simply too busy and I was told I was now on file for any future opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment