Wednesday 26 April 2017

~ Contacting Music Manchester ~

Music agency Manchester stood out to me for many reasons.

1 - Manifesto

Their manifesto expresses their frustration with the status quo - something that really worries me about going into employment after graduation - I really dont want to slip into being in a studio that wants to mould me into them and what they think design 'should' look like rather than pushing boundaries. Music clearly does things differently and I admire that massively.

2 - Known

Theres a lot of them, it means the opportunity for combinations of different perspectives and interpretations of briefs is endless - it means they produce the best and most considered work and they are really well known and highly regarded throughout the world for their design work. They would be a brilliant name to have on my CV and just a perfect experiance to learn from.

3 - Work


Their work is really professional well known for good reason, they work with huge clients and its seen by people worldwide. However they define themselves as an advertising and marketing creative agency rather than a design agency; which means they do a lot of reserved feeling corporate work - I actually feel my flair and bravery in method would actually add something new to their practice that it could be missing. 

Leading on - this is the manuscript of my contact with Music throughout this year. Their replies in orange. 

Hi there,


I am interested in being part of/knowing more about your internship scheme. My website is izzieglazzard.com if you want to check out some of my work prior to replying to me. 

Thanks, Izzie



Hi Izzie, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Our internships at Music usually last 4 weeks, with travel and food expenses being paid for (£150/week). During an internship here you’d gain experience working with a range of clients, and on a range of briefs. Our working day is 9.00 – 17.30.

We usually ask for a pdf portfolio to look through initially, then based on the strength of the work and whether we feel it’s the right fit for Music we’d get you in for a chat (so that we can meet you and talk through your portfolio in a bit more depth). 

We are currently booked up for the next few months with interns, but are always keen to get prospective interns on our radar for when our next opportunity comes up. So if you’re still interested in pursuing an internship with us, could you send a pdf over for us to review?

Hope I’ve answered any queries, but let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know.

Thanks,
Lottie


Hi there, all sounds perfect to me. The best time for me to intern would possibly be in the next few months anyway once uni has properly finished up. I will attach a PDF CV with this email but also advise you check out my website as it has all my work with full descriptions and animations etc. - izzieglazzard.com

Thanks Izzie

Hi Izzie, 

Thanks for sending your portfolio over and I’m very sorry for the late reply — we’re mad busy here at the moment!

We’re currently booked up for interns for the next couple of months but may be looking during summer — which might fit with your schedule? Either way, we’d love to get you in for a chat to talk through your work in more depth.

Would you be free one evening in the week commencing 24th at around half 5? 

Let me know!

Thanks,
Lottie


Hi Lottie,

No worries. I'd love to come in for a chat. I currently have a load of hand ins at uni but I am actually in Manchester on the 3rd of May for a zine launch that i'm part of. Don't suppose we could do the 2nd of May could we? 

Thanks Izzie 

Hi Izzie,

The 2nd of May would be perfect. Is half 5 okay for you?

Thanks,
Lottie


Hi Lottie,

Half 5 is perfect for me, look forward to it. What in particular should I bring with me? 

Thanks Izzie


If you just bring along your portfolio and any physical bits of work you want to show us that would be great.

It’s just a chance for us to meet you and chat through your portfolio with you. Nothing too formal!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks,


This contact with Music has worked out perfectly as they clearly enjoyed my portfolio and saw something that stood out to them as potential. I look forward to meeting with them and interning with them over summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment